Interprovincial Cooperative Limited invites applications for the position of Laboratory Technician to join our team at our Laboratory located in Winnipeg, Manitoba. IPCO is a Canadian co-owned and operated manufacturing facility with a long history of supporting the agricultural sector by providing safe and effective agrichemical products. IPCO strives to be the premier agrichemical manufacturer for its owners and commercial customers alike by offering high-level capabilities and many years of accumulated expertise in formulation and packaging. IPCO prides itself on being a good employer with long term employee relationships. A culture of safety and quality is paramount at IPCO, therefore the IPCO plant is ISO 9001 registered and stringently adheres to regulations set out by Health Canada and additional federal, provincial and municipal compliance requirements.
The Laboratory Technician will routinely perform quality testing to ensure products meet specifications and will assist the laboratory group, under direction of the reporting Chemist, to meet quality standards and ensure smooth day to day operation of the laboratory.
Reporting to the Chemist/ Quality Assurance Manager, responsibilities for this position include the following:
- Testing product quality of all formulated and packaged product on site to meet required specifications; including running assay analysis by GC and HPLC, performing density, pH and percent water measurements.
- Prepare analytical standards and control samples.
- Perform scheduled balance and pH verifications / calibrations.
- Legibly enter required entries into all lab notebooks, and production documents.
- Ensure correct Lot numbering of products and traceability of raw materials used in production.
- Comprehension of product specifications and Toll product requirements.
- Assist in the implementation of the Contamination Prevention program, including guiding clean out procedures, and analysis of residual impurities via HPLC, GC and LC-MS.
- Collect and analyse data for environmental (water and air) samples as required to meet regulative requirements.
- Maintain compliance with the IPCO Safety Program and meeting specified goals and objectives, while working as a team with all staff.
- Act as a resource to production staff regarding process/product related inquiries.
- Respond quickly, effectively and professionally to unexpected situations regarding non-conforming product and batch adjustments.
- Contribute to maintaining lab supply inventories and lab cleanliness.
- Contribute to testing developmental formulations in conjunction with the Chemists.
- Contribute to the value added QC analysis services provided to Toll companies.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science (Chemistry) Degree or analogous Diploma / Certificate.
- A combination of previous laboratory experience and education may be considered.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Strong knowledge of basic laboratory techniques, and competent computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Comfortable working alone and in groups.
- Understanding of WHMIS and (M)SDSs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Previous experience with gas and/or liquid chromatography is considered a strong asset.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 certified environment is considered an asset.
- Knowledge of Open-Lab/Chemstation Chromatography software is considered an asset.
Deadline: November 30, 2019
You may be required to undergo a background and substance test in accordance to IPCO policies.
We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
If you are interested in this opportunity or require additional information, please contact Kristie Dupuis, Human Resources Advisor, 204.235.2161.
Please submit a detailed resume and cover letter in confidence to:
945 Marion Street
Winnipeg, MB R2J 0K7
Email: Kristie -dot- dupuis -at- fcl -dot- crs