Interprovincial Cooperative Limited (IPCO), a respected leader in the Agricultural industry, is currently recruiting for their
Plant Shift Supervisor position on a permanent basis, located in Winnipeg, Manitoba reporting to the Production
What you’ll do:
In this role you will be responsible to oversee the workflow and safe supervision of upwards of 60 production employees
while working on rotating shifts, which cycle every 2 weeks during the production season. Manages shift to meet customer
requirements and to maintain production and quality standards in a safe and efficient manner. Some key responsibilities will
- • Directly responsible for leading a team to carry out the company’s daily/weekly production requirements while setting
daily goals and expectations, directing the productivity and quality, and safety of plant employees.
- • Set goals for performance and deadlines in ways that comply with company’s plans and vision and communicate them
to team members.
- • Responsible to promote and maintain a safe work environment by ensuring IPCO policies (e.g. safety, harassment,
workplace violence) are followed and ongoing training and follow up regarding these policies is performed, working
with Superintendent and Safety Coordinator.
- • Organize workflow and ensure that employees understand their duties or delegated tasks. Ensure employee training
is current and documented.
- • Monitor employee productivity and provide constructive feedback and coaching
- • Maintain timekeeping, personnel records, standard operating procedures, and production reporting (running totals,
per shift work reports, production recaps, etc.).
- • Support safety and quality efforts by conducting audits and investigations utilizing root cause analysis. Ensure all
quality related activities are carried out as per quality plan.
- • Ensure adherence to legal and company policies and procedures.
- • Support and participate in continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. 5S, OEE, etc.) to improve productivity and
effectiveness of the operation.
Why it matters:
IPCO is a Canadian co-owned and operated manufacturing facility with a long history of supporting the agricultural sector by
providing safe and effective agriculture products. IPCO strives as a premier manufacturer for its owners and partners alike by
offering high-level capabilities and many years of accumulated expertise in formulation and packaging. Excellence in
production and manufacturing is made possible with support from several in-house specialties including regulatory and
IPCO prides itself on being an employer of choice with long-term employee relationships. A culture of safety and quality is
paramount at IPCO, therefore the IPCO plant is ISO 9001 registered and stringently adheres to regulations set out by Health
Canada and additional federal, provincial and municipal compliance requirements.
Who you are:
You are looking to advance your career in production and demonstrate:
- • Minimum grade 12 education supported by a Lean/Operational Excellence certificate (A minimum of one of the
following: Yellow belt, Green belt, 5S management, root cause analysis) from a recognized source accrediting body. Or
a minimum of 5 years of experience utilizing those methodologies. Certificate in supervision or related field an asset.
- • You have a minimum of 5 years of supervisory experience. Must be highly organized with working knowledge of
Microsoft Office supported by strong planning and communication skills.
- • You have prior experience working with chemicals, inventory management systems, and workforce management
software. You demonstrate supervisory experience from a manufacturing environment, and an ability to motivate
- • You’re experienced with training in the following areas (on site): TDG, WHMIS, and First Aid Level II. Manitoba
Workplace Safety & Health Act and ISO 9001 knowledge are assets.
- • You’re honest and trustworthy, are results oriented and strive to be the best in what you do.
- • You believe in collaboration, building relationships and value the perspectives of others.
This opportunity is a career level Management position and falls within the Front Line Leadership stream. During the
production season (November-June), the Plant Shift Supervisor is expected to work shiftwork and must be available
for weekend shifts as required.
IPCO offers a competitive salary, ongoing personal and professional development, and the opportunity to work with one of
western Canada’s most successful organizations.
If this opportunity speaks to you, we invite you to send your resume and cover letter by Friday, August 28, 2020 to
email@example.com. Please discuss your intentions with your team leader before submitting your application.
For more information regarding this opportunity, please contact Richard Anderson, Talent Acquisition Specialist at
Please note you may be required to undergo a substance test in accordance with IPCO policies.
Posted on August 28, 2020.